"Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing." - Albert Einstein

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Barberino Designer Outlet + Pollini ballet flats!

Shopalicious readers, I'm back in the swing of things. It was a busy but relaxing week, and I managed to squeeze in a tiny bit of shopping. (I'll post about the trip here on Travelisima). Meanwhile, let me share one of my favourite scores. These Pollini Studio ballet flats caught my eye in the Pollini store at the Barberino Designer Outlet, mostly because of how Chanel-like they are, with their soft quilting and contrast toe. I slipped my not-so-small size 9 foot into the shoes and realized I'd need a 40, but they fit like a dream and are so soft and comfortable with even a little padding underfoot. I think I like the "profile" of these shoes even better than Chanel's which have a slightly higher heel and pointier toe. Best yet, they retail for around €200.00, but here at the Pollini outlet they were €130.00. Then the very helpful and patient salesman informed me that since I was charging the purchase with an AMEX card, I would get another 10% off, bringing the price down to €117.00.  I can't find an online source to purchase these shoes, but enjoy this link to the Studio Pollini website to find out more. This link gives a nice overview of the manufacturing process and a little insight as to why designer shoes cost this much!