"Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing." - Albert Einstein

Friday, March 7, 2008

sukicolor tinted active moisturizer and pure cream stain

Sukicolor proudly calls itself a "clean" makeup line, without phthalates, talc, parabens, petroleum, synthetic preservatives, fragrances and the like. In my ongoing quest to find truly organic substitutes for drugstore/ department store cosmetics, Sukicolor was a great find indeed! Their Tinted Active Moisturizer is a light, freshly-scented formula which I easily applied with my fingers. (One note, I'd recommend applying it after you moisturize; despite it's name, even my oily skin needed a little extra moisture underneath!) Containing willow bark extract, a natural source of salicylic acid with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, this formula is great for those of us with acne-prone, sensitive skin. Then I touched up a few spots with their Liquid Formula Concealer for a flawless finish. A couple of daubs of Pure Cream Stain later, and I was good to go! This little pot of color, with 100% natural crushed mineral pigments, can be used on lips and cheeks for a natural, nourishing finish. Using these products, my face and skin felt refreshed and healthy -- and the little aromatherapy boost from their fantastic, natural scent, was great, too! Need I say more? These products are $42.00, $38.50 and $36.50, respectively, from sukicolor.